In this role, the person will report directly to the General Manager and will direct and participate in the daily operations of the housekeeping department. Ensuring product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests. The Head of Housekeeping will be responsible for the daily care, cleanliness and upkeep of the physical property as well as contribute to creating an environment and experience that ensures guest and team member satisfaction. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to detail, task management and planning skills.
- Lead a diverse team toward a shared mission.
- Establish and implement operational standards and procedures for housekeeping.
- Inspect work performed to ensure that it meets specifications and established standards.
- Plan and prepare employee work schedules according to business needs, while monitoring labor costs and overtime.
- Investigate complaints about service and equipment and take corrective action.
- Perform property cleaning and upkeep duties as necessary.
- Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery, and maintenance.
- Assure that turndown service and VIPs and amenities are being serviced appropriately according to requests.
- Inspect and maintain housekeeping equipment to ensure that it is in working order on a regular basis.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment in adequate amounts.
- Recommend changes that could improve service and increase operational efficiency.
- Interview, hire and train new employees.
- Ability to lead staff by mentoring that result in exceeding guests’ satisfaction.
- Ability to develop effective operating processes designed to maximum operating efficiency.
- Ability to communicate with hotel staff and management in a professional manner.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, lift 25+ pounds regularly
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays
- Experience with a hotel reservation, and computer systems
- Experience managing housekeeping staff
Our benefits include healthcare, dental and vision, group life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401K retirement program, training and development and a generous PTO plan. Shepherd’s Run is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please fill out the contact form below and someone from our team will respond promptly.