Hotel / Winery Host
In this position a team member will oversee the guest experience on the property and will report directly to the Guest Services Manager. Hosts will be responsible for overseeing the experience of the overnight guest as well as day to day winery guests. The ideal candidate is hospitality oriented, proactive, driven, focused, and able to collaborate as part of a team.
- Efficiently and accurately enter registration information for hotel guest stays
- Follow proper procedures related to collection of payment, dates of stay and guest contact information over the phone and in person
- Complete check-out transactions and post charges to folios with guests in a friendly manner and invite them to return again soon
- Greet all guests promptly and graciously and provide knowledgeable, consistent and courteous responses to questions, complaints and/or problems. Ensure that all problems are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction. Refer to management as appropriate
- Promote and sell Shepherd’s Run wines and merchandise by assisting and educating guests in tasting wines and making purchasing decisions
- Share knowledge about all wines and merchandise in an open and friendly manner with the goal of helping customers develop enthusiasm and appreciation of our wine
- Fulfill customer orders and use both a PMS and POS system to complete sales transactions
- Ensure that the front of house public areas are kept in immaculate condition
- Setup tasting bar with necessary supplies for daily operations. Wash tasting glasses and assist with other preopening and closing shift duties
- Serve food programing ordered by guests, following all appropriate food handling procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness and designed appearance of the front of house spaces
- Act as a liaison to the catering company and wedding vendors on scheduled wedding days
- 2+ Years in the hospitality industry, focusing on hotels
- Knowledge of wines, wine production and the wine industry is not mandatory but encouraged
- Highly analytical, possesses attention to detail, curious, self-starter and customer-centric
- Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time, lift 40+ pounds regularly
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and/or holidays
Our benefits include healthcare, dental and vision, group life insurance, short term and long term disability, 401K retirement program, training and development and a generous PTO plan. Shepherd’s Run is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please fill out the contact form below and someone from our team will respond promptly.